Geothermal energy is a unparalleled source of renewable energy. It is constantly available, independent from the presence of sun, wind or water. 99% of the earth has a temperature higher than 1000 degrees Celsius. Most of the remaining 1% has a temperature higher than 100 degrees Celsius. Even a system that makes only a small part of this enormous amount of energy accessible could potentially provide a significant part of the energy need for generations to come. Positive characteristics of geothermal include: capability to provide base load power; no seasonal variation; immunity from weather effects and climate change impacts; compatibility with both centralized and distributed energy generation; resource availability in all world regions, particularly for direct use.
Current geothermal systems are based on the transport of large amounts of hot water to the surface. The water passes a heat exchanger and is pumped back into the earth. Clearly this requires the presence of water at the right temperature. Not only is the presence of deeper water layers uncertain, which makes drilling expensive, it limits the applicability of this method to roughly 10% of the earth surface. This system requires at least 2 bore holes with a minimum of 2 km distance. Extracting and injecting water can cause the earth layers to move or even cause small earthquakes. Large pumps require significant investments, maintenance and power to run. Therefore geothermal energy is not yet commercially feasible and in many cases only executed when heavily subsidized by governments.
Our system has the possibility to transfer heat extremely efficient. The system does not require large amounts of water to transfer this heat. This expands the applicability of our system significantly compared to traditional systems. Because only heat is transferred there is no chance of earth displacements and earthquakes. The system requires only one borehole to run which makes the system cheaper to install. It works without the use of expensive and energy consuming pumps which makes the system to operate and maintain more economically.
Please contact us by:
Or use the contact form on this site.
We love to hear from you!
If you want to contribute to this program we are more then willing to listen.
Feel free to contact us.
EARTHWAYS | Tempelhof 4 | 3045 PV Rotterdam +31 (0)85 784 28 33